Wednesday, October 13, 2010

thought(s) of the day

I'm thinking of already doing a spin-off blog that apparently no one will read about my experience working within the women's prison. I think it might be interesting and informative for people to read, perhaps, and also help me track how this experience plays out.

My thought for the day pertains to the fact that in 2+ years of working here, not one inmate that I have spoken to has talked to me about how they were "screwed" by the system and don't deserve to be where they are. The media often portrays inmates in this light, that they all feel they are innocent and should not be where they are. I have to say that I have never heard this from anyone I have talked to.

Of course, there are plenty of people who think their sentences are unfair in terms of length of time, but often times when I listen to them talk about what they did and what they got in terms of a sentence, I agree that they should probably not be here at Perryville for as long as they are. Ironically, that last sentence was really long. Probably longer than it should have been....

No comments:

Post a Comment