Monday, October 4, 2010

A quick one

Maybe quick, maybe not. Who knows....

The weekend was a good one, I suppose. The show on Saturday night was definitely a mixed bag of tricks. We played ok, but I wasn't satisfied. We started off kind of rough. I think we forget to get together and get on the same page. We've all done so many shows that the muscle memory takes over and we forget that The Father Figures is a relatively new enterprise with less than a dozen shows under out belt. In fact, we have played these shows so far:
July 2009 at the Ruby Room
July 2009 at George and Dragon
October 2009 at Hollywood Alley
October 2009 at Inkenstein Tattoo
January 2010 at Sundance's
February 2010 at the Rogue
February 2010 at Joe's Grotto
March 2010 at Rad's house for Ramp Jam
March 2010 at Skrappy's
April 2010 at Hollywood Alley
April 2010 at George and Dragon
July 2010 at Sundance's
August 2010 at Hell City (Biltmore Hotel)
September 2010 at Ice House
September 2010 at Club Congress
October 2010 at Hollywood Alley

Well, I have lied to you, dear reader. We have played in public 16 times. Two of those were parties, of course, and a couple were just bizarre, but we've played more than I thought. We have been prolific in terms of songwriting and I'm glad people seem to like the band. We just need to make sure and play the tightest shows possible.

One of the coolest parts of the weekend was a visit from Mark and Mo and some of the Bombers skateboarding club from SoCal. I am proud to count myself among their numbers, although I did not get to skateboard with them this time around due to the torn ACL. I was happy, though, to play a show for them and have them come over and skate my ramp. The wife made some excellent carne asada and everyone seemed to have a great time. I appreciate the gifts the Bombers brought me to no end. Some day, I will bequeath a lot of really cool stuff to my kids. I hope they appreciate it.

That's all for now. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment