Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another day in paradise

So I took the youngest with me to vote yesterday. He was all excited about it for about in the beginning. He liked that the old ladies who checked me in thought he was adorable and smart and he was very curious about the ballot, but his enthusiasm waned after about 30 seconds in our little makeshift cubicle. He was done. Looking back, I probably should have been done too. I could have spent the time better by taking him directly home and having some fun tossing a ball or playing hide and go seek.

I know that's not really the case, though. I can complain about the election results with my head held high because I actually did exercise my right to vote. Problem is, though, that I didn't vote like the majority of my fellow Arizonans did. In fact, I think about 90% of the people and propositions I voted for lost. The small victory I felt back in the presidential election has not bolstered me through the last couple of years. Not that I think McCain would have been a better choice, but it is nice when you vote someone who you feel strongly would be a better advocate for all the people and not just some.

So.....what to do, what to do?

One thing I know is that I can go home and be a dad. I vote for that and with that vote, I win way more than 10% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment